Villa Necchi Campiglio
Automation of external roller blinds
Villa Necchi Campiglio is a splendid example of rationalist art and architecture in the centre of Milan, built by Piero Portaluppi between 1932 and 1935 for the middle-class Lombard industrialists’ family of Angelo Campiglio. The architectural plan of the Villa envisaged a prestigious public space on the ground floor, the bedrooms on the floor above, and the servants’ accommodation in the attic, and included a garden with private tennis court and swimming pool. The project made use of the most advanced technology of the time, putting together the highest levels of comfort and security with an attentive use of quality materials and a special eye to decoration and aesthetics. The residence, donated to FAI (Fondo Ambiente Italiano - The National Trust for Italy) by the Campiglio family in 2001, is now a house museum, opened to the public in 2008.
In 2015, important renovation works have been completed in the Villa: the original tennis court has been dismantled and replaced by an elegant glass and steel structure that, with its shape recalling a greenhouse, enhances the refined and modern style of the Villa. The 470 sq. m. covered space, able to accommodate up to 300 people, will be used to host conferences and events and therefore needed to be protected from the sun: for this reason, the architects decided to install a series of external roller blinds on the top of the glass vault. In order to automate their movement, Nice’s Era Quick tubular motors were the ideal choice, thanks to their versatility and ease of installation: these motors can be connected in parallel and controlled by a single point, and the limit stop adjustment is easy and intuitive using the pushbutton placed on their head.
E QUICK 3017